“Service” refers to our services and content which can be accessed on our website at https://www.modernprivatelife.com. The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Modern Private Life. “You” refers to you, as a user of our services.
Each time you visit our website, or use the Service, and any time you voluntarily provide us with information, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of the information that you provide.
Information We Collect
We attempt to strike a balance between collecting analytics for the purpose of improving our services and protecting user privacy. To accomplish this, we, as far as practical and possible, limit the information we collect, locally host all collected data, use open source code, and offer several options for users to opt-out of data collection.
- Anonymized IP address in which the last two bytes are masked. (For example, a user with the IP 192.168.1.1 would be recorded with the IP of 192.168.x.x.)
- Date and time of the request and time in local user’s timezone
- Title and URL of the page being viewed
- URL of the page that was viewed prior to the current page (Referrer URL)
- Links to an outside domain that were clicked (Outlink)
- Pages generation time (the time it takes for webpages to be generated by the webserver and then downloaded by the user)
- Files that were clicked and downloaded
- Approximate location of the user: country, region, city. This is determined through the user’s masked IP address by using the database DB-IP. Users are encouraged to use a VPN service to mask their true IP address if this is a concern, or follow one of the opt-out procedures specified below.
- Main Language of the browser being used (
- User Agent of the browser being used (
User-Agentheader) From the User-Agent, we use Matomo’s Universal Device Detection library to detect the browser, operating system, device used (desktop, tablet, mobile, tv, cars, console, etc.), brand and model.
- Screen resolution being used
We do not use any tracking cookies on our website, with the one exception of a single cookie used to opt-out of tracking if enabled by the user (see the “Opt-out of Data Collection” section for more information.) We have disabled all cookies in Matomo Analytics.
Embedded content from other websites
How We Use And Share Information
We do not sell, trade, rent or share the personal information we collect with any third parties.
The data we collect is stored in our own database and is accessible only to us and our hosting provider. We implement strong precautions to protect this data to our best ability. While we cannot guarantee your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by a breach of such precautions, we are doing everything in our power to prevent that from happening. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to this risk.
We use the data we collect in order to understand how our users use our Services and to improve our Services. Examples of how we may use this data include but are not limited to the following: By collecting information about page views, we can identify our most popular articles as well as articles that are under performing. By collecting approximate location information, we can determine the most common nationalities of our user base and tailor article information to what is applicable for those countries. By collecting the Referrer URL, we can determine the performance of articles based upon traffic source (such as search engines vs. social media) and optimize the reach of our content to new audiences.
Some of the collected data is not used, but its collection cannot be easily disabled by our analytics platform. We continue to work to find appropriate solutions to limit this data collection so that unnecessary data is never collected.
Raw data collected will be retained for a maximum of one year before being automatically deleted. Aggregated statistical data reports will be retained indefinitely.
Opt-out of Data Collection
We respect the wishes of our users who may be uncomfortable with our data collection, and aim to provide multiple clear, accessible, and easy ways for users to opt-out of this data collection.
We offer three options for users to opt-out of data collection:
1. Enable the “Do Not Track” setting in your browser.
2. Uncheck the box below to opt-out of data collection. This will use a browser cookie to identify that you have opted out and cease any tracking activity when browsing our website. If you clear your cookies in your browser settings, tracking will resume and you will have to uncheck this box again to disable tracking.
You may choose to prevent this website from aggregating and analyzing the actions you take here. Doing so will protect your privacy, but will also prevent the owner from learning from your actions and creating a better experience for you and other users.
What rights you have over your data
You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Make a request by sending an email to email@example.com.